Skin Tips For Women Over 30
While the process of aging brings many treasured memories and life experiences, it also means that your body begins to show the wear-and-tear of a life well lived. If not properly cared for, skin can display the brunt of the damage done over the years. This is why it is so important to care for your skin, starting now.
Regardless of whether you have always cared for your skin or whether you neglected to keep to a healthy skin care regimen until you began to notice laugh lines and wrinkles emerging, some of the most beneficial treatments for your skin can be provided by a skilled esthetician. By pampering your complexion with skin care sessions and receiving maintenance treatments on a monthly basis, drastic improvements will begin to show.
While regular treatments are highly beneficial, it is also important to develop and sustain a healthy skincare routine from home. Here are several tricks and tips for getting that youthful glow:
- Exfoliate weekly!
- Avoid exposure to the sun (and wear sunscreen when you do)—it’s the main cause of wrinkled, spotted skin.
- Wash your face every night. By removing the makeup, dirt, and oils that build up over the course of a day, your skin can recover overnight. Just make sure to avoid over-cleaning, as that can lead to a dry and flaky complexion.
- Stop smoking—it causes pre-mature wrinkling and many other health issues that are displayed externally.
- A healthy diet and plenty of water are necessary components to youthful skin. If you eat well and stay hydrated, your skin will develop a natural glow and healthy appearance.
- Anti-aging products work—especially those with Retin A. It is never too early to start using firming creams and other products geared towards the prevention of aging appearances.
- Moisturize! Dried-out and flaky skin can increase the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes.
- Use the right makeup. What worked for you as a 20-something is not the best option for you as a 30-something. Look for products that won’t settle into fine lines or cake around developing wrinkles.
By using the right products and receiving the right treatment, you can have healthy, glowing skin at any age!